The Purpose of Laser Profiling
Laser profiling is an extension of our CCTV service but it does not replace the traditional CCTV Pipeline inspection.
Please click here to see an Explainer Video of our services.
A Laser Profiling survey can:
- prove that the installation of soft wall pipes meets industry standards
- calculate the thickness of the remaining pipe wall in old concrete pipes with corrosion
- calculate a measurement for any deformation in stormwater brick drains
- measure the size of any other pipe defects i.e. water ponding, holes, protrusions
- show that pipe relining materials have been installed as per specifications
- be used to calculate the maximum pipe diameter for the rehabilitation of existing stormwater and sewer lines
- provide comprehensive results to assist our clients make decisions on future stormwater and sewer maintenance programs
Large Pipe Diameter Surveys
We have a single point and multi-head lasers that allows us to conduct laser profiling on pipes from 150mm through to 2100mm in diameter.
We can complete a continuous CCTV survey on pipe lines, manhole to manhole, up to 500 lineal metres, and our specialised equipment allows us to complete laser profiling surveys through maintenance shafts and manholes.
We use the latest Clearline Profiler software to record the data and prepare the reports. Clients will receive a hard copy report showing the results and a DVD with the film clip and a PDF copy of the report.
Clients can view the results on their own computers (i.e. Windows Media Player), no specialised software is required. Reports are available two business days after the work has been completed in the field. Please note projects with a laser profiling component will require the two days.
Our CCTV Operators are experienced and qualified to Water Industry standards ensuring the information we provide in the reports is consistent and reliable.
The reports we prepare meet industry standards and will be accepted by local Councils, Water Authorities and Consulting Engineers.